Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Reflection


Writing this blog was a daunting task. Before even starting this blog, I had a struggled with deciding what topic I should write about. Eventually I chose to write about my recent trip to China because I had witnessed many things that happened over there that I wanted to discuss. This project helped me in many ways. For instance, I have gained new technological skills by learning how to post and use a blog. I loved how we could customize our page to our liking.
Also, this project was less time-consuming than writing a research paper, making me have more time to spend with my family. Finally, the last thing I liked about this project was that we got to see what our classmates wrote about. That is important because we could see what they liked and their standpoints on their topics.
Despite having many pros, there are a few cons about this project compared to the research paper. First off, it was easier to write papers because for me, it was easier to keep on track and focus on what I am talking about. Furthermore, it was hard to think of specific sub topics to write about because I had to make sure I had enough information to write about and fully discuss about the topic. Another thing is that there was so little time to write about each sub topic.
There were times where I was pulling my hair out and getting frustrated over how much I had to write. Sometimes, I even fell behind on some assignments. Finally, the last thing I did not like about the project was the Visual Rhetoric. I could not understand what ethos, pathos, and mythos meant and how it correlated to a picture.
If I were to do this project again, I would probably want to choose a different topic because others’ blog’s sub topics were correlated and intertwined together, making it easier to write. Overall, I thought this was a good project, but it might be too stressful and technological for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment